Invitation to Conference proceedings
Thank you for your attendance at our recent PSi Fluid States conference. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Aomori and that the conference was a productive place to share your research and/or performances.
We are now planning to produce an on-line conference proceedings and invite you to submit your work for inclusion. The conference proceedings will be one of the records of the conference and will enable you to gain a publication credit. Publishing in the conference proceedings will not preclude you from publishing your conference paper in another format such as a journal article or book chapter. We will produce a PDF of contributions. We don't have major resources for this so please keep in mind the following points.
- Please submit your work as a word file. We will accept papers up to and not exceeding 5000 words. Shorter is better as we aim to publish the conference papers, not final versions worked up for longer publication.
- Please add a short 50-word bio at the end of your submission.
- Please format according to the Chicago Manual of Style guidelines for author-date (http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html). Include references cited at the end of your paper. Please note that we will not format your citations for you.
- Format your work using 12 point, Times New Roman, 1.5-space, and left justification. Use one return space between paragraphs and do not indent the first line of paragraphs. Use single quotation ‘marks’ and indent longer quotes but keep them in the same font, size and style as the main text.
- Using Japanese word order of names is your preference but be consistent. Long vowel sounds should be shown by a macron on the vowel: (e.g. Shōwa). The exceptions are words in common English usage such as Tokyo. Use butō or butoh as your preference but again be consistent.
- We would like to receive all submissions formatted in clean copy by October 18; send as an attachment to [email protected]. Please save your file as: Surname.doc and include in the subject line: Conference proceedings: Surname.
- Including your work in the proceedings will be voluntary and we will not be able to chase people up once the deadlines for submission has passed.
- We will not edit the work but will format it into a booklet with TOC and information about the conference.
- People can submit visual work as long as they have copyright, files should be less than 5 Mb.
- We will produce a volume by the mid-November and circulate it to the members of the organizing committee for comment – a light version of refereeing.
- We will produce a final version by the end of the year that can be sent to delegates as a pdf and archived with the Aomori psi-fluid states materials.
- I will be working on this with a research assistant named Kim Kyueun, who is a PhD student in our program. You might receive emails from her as well.
Thanks everyone and I do hope you will offer your work for the proceedings.